My best writing experience was our final essay last semester in English 101. My paper was on my grandfather who fought in the South Pacific on the USS Randolph during WWII. I truly enjoyed writing this paper because I love to study history but more importantly I learned many new and interesting facts about my grandfather that I did not know. Since my grandfather has passed away I talked to many family members and did many hours of research in preparation for this paper which made me closer to certain family member that I had not seen in a very long time. One of my most frustrating writing experiences also came last semester. Our assignment was to compose an essay by analyzing an advertisement. I struggled with it very much because I did not know how to go about writing the essay. For weeks i could only fill 1 page because I didn't know what to say about the advertisement and it frustrated me very much.
The most meaningful piece of writing for me was the essay I wrote on my grandpa last semester. On Christmas day I gave the piece of writing in a nice case to my Grandma as one of her presents so that she could see the work i had done and also so she had something else to remember her husband by. While reading she became very emotional but she appreciated it very much. I would consider it my most meaningful piece of writing because I was able to learn more about my Grandfather and share my work with my family.
Monday, April 20th, 2009
17 years ago
I can definitely see how that paper would be a good writing experience to you. It is so much easier to write about things that you are interested in and enjoy. Our last paper in English 101 we were able to write about anything we wanted as well, and I really enjoyed it. I bet it was hard for you to write about your grandpa since he is passed away though. In highschool, i had to write a paper for public speaking about a close friend who had passed away, and its very hard, but makes a good paper. Your worst experience definitely sounds super boring, so i can totally see why that would be a bad writing experience for you.
ReplyDelete