Monday, February 16, 2009

SWA 6

The first MAC advertisement I have chosen is the “MAC Love” Ad. The ad starts out with showing “I Love You” in different languages to show that everyone around the world loves MAC’s. I found it to be every effective and much more engaging than all of the other advertisements because it was short and clear to the point. I think that the target audience is for people who do not own Mac computers and it's to show them that everyone else likes them, so now it's their time to try it out and see how much they will love it themselves. Also, you could tell that it was the most up to date advertisement compared to all of the others because of the way it is set up.

The second advertisement I viewed was the Macintosh advertisement from 1994. This commercial compares the Mac and all other computers that use windows side by side. The actor goes step by step telling the audience, anyone who doesn’t own a Macintosh computer, why the Mac is better than other PC’s. For example, when using CD-ROM’s the actor says that when using the Mac, “you simply click and play.” He goes on to explain to the audience that with PC’s you have to configure the memory multiple times, which takes away credibility from the PC because that sounds very hard to do. This ad is effective in a much different way than the Mac Love commercial because it gives direct reasons why the Mac is better than just saying that it is better because everyone loves it around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment