Monday, March 23, 2009

Campus Issue

I believe that USC needs to change its polices regarding student meal plans that are available to be purchased through the school. Currently with a regular meal plan, students are only allowed to eat three meals per day during the specific time frames given. For example, breakfast is from 7am- 10:59am, lunch from 11am-3:59 and dinner from 4:00pm-11:59pm. Students are only allowed to use one meal in each allotted time frame. If a student does not wake up for the breakfast meal by 10:59am, it is completely lost and the money is un-used & wasted. Also, students are unable to buy a visiting guest food at an on campus cafeteria because only one meal plan may be used. This policy existing policy is enforced because it is a very easy way for USC to make more money off students. Students and their parents are paying thousands of dollars per year to attend the university, and they should be able to eat all the food they have pre-paid for.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with this. The meal plan options are one of the main reason I chose not to live on campus. I'm not a breakfast eater, so that whole meal would totally go to waste. They defintely should change their options. Good Job :)

    ReplyDelete